Green Forest Trail Run Series – Overview
The Western Cape’s favourite downhill run!
The Green Forest Trail Run Series is a series of 3 downhill runs through the beautiful forests of the Western Cape, all within less than an hour from Cape Town.
Each event offers a choice of the following routes (approximate distance):
- 5km fun run that is aimed at novice runners and families. The majority of the route will be non-technical but we keep it interesting and give you a taste of what you can expect when you sign up for either of the longer routes. This route starts and finishes at the bottom of the forest and generally follows a flat’ish course. This route is not officially timed but we will have prizes for the top placed runners.
- 10km downhill forest run starts at Point A, high up in the forest and finishes at Point B way below. We will bus you to the start point before the race. We try to avoid the uphills as much as possible, but generally throw in one or two to ensure that you enjoy your well deserved coke at the finish. The route is chosen for its scenic beauty and fast flowing trails, which presents a great opportunity to improve on your Personal Best.
- 21km downhill forest run starts at Point A, high up in the forest and finishes at Point B way below. We will bus you to the start point before the race . We try to avoid the uphills as much as possible, but forests being as they are, there will always be a few short and sharp ones, just to keep you on your toes! Competitors are guaranteed beautiful vistas as they wind their way down through the forest, vineyard and orchards.
Each event makes a contribution to a local conservation initiative or charity in close vicinity to the venue.
As the forests are commercial operations, the degree of harvesting varies from time to time. Hence one should expect arrears where the trees have been harvested, areas where the trees have started to regrow and areas where the trees are mature.
Enter all 3 events and take advantage of the discount plus your name goes into the hat for some Capestorm kit plus you may are eligible for the overall series prizes.
This is how the series scores are calculated
- You need to compete in all 3 of the 10km races or all 3 of the 21km races to qualify i.e. you obviously cannot mix distances.
- Athletes will be split into male and female categories.
- Your finish times for each event will be added together
- The runners with the lowest overall times will be crowned Forest King and Forest Queen.
- There will be prizes for the top 3 male and top 3 female series winners.
- Race organiser may vary these rules at his/her discretion.
The dates and venues of each event are as follows:
|Sat, 3 August 2019||Grabouw||Lebanon Forest|
|Sun, 8 September 2019||Paarl||Hawequa Forest|
|Sun, 6 October 2019||Grabouw||Nuweberg Forest|
* All competitors are required to agree to the terms and conditions of our Indemnity.